Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Icing!

After your cake is done, cooled and ready for decorating it's time to mix up the icing.

You will need 2 pounds of powdered sugar, 2/3 cup crisco, 2 teaspoons white vanilla, 2 teaspoons lemon flavoring, approximately 1/2 cup water, and 6 drops butter flavoring.  It's simple; mix it all together!

Ice the cake of course.  To smooth the icing out on the cake just take a small cup of warm water.  Dip your knife in and gently glide your knife over the icing.

Decorate the cake to your liking.  Last but not least, enjoy.  That's the best part.



Isn't it pertty?!






6 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! And delish! How'd you make the hearts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put a little water in sugar and some green food coloring. Then when it was wet enough to pack I shaped it with a cookie cutter. I left it to dry for about a week before putting it on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelby, I'm pretty sure this is very worthy of letting my friends in on, especially my friend Jenna who cooks a lot and posts a lot of recipes. I'll let you get in the flow, if you like, but sometimes just knowing that people are reading can be an inspiration to keep blogging. :)

    You should check out Jenna's blog; you'll like it: www.jennaseverythingblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you give us a step-by-step tutorial (with pics, of course) of how to make those darling roses? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shelby! I'm Carrie's friend and I just followed the link she posted on her blog and landed on yours. =) I love your step by steps, and the cake looks gorgeous! I've never decorated a cake before, and it looks like fun. I can't believe there's butter flavoring in the icing--I never would have guessed that would work. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss you! Any new blog posts in the works? :)

    ReplyDelete