Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pound Cake

I apologize for taking so long to post another blog.  But I assure you that once you get this next recipe you will will find the wait to be well worth it.  Today I made a pound cake for my friends' birthdays tomorrow.  


First off you will need to set out all of your ingredients.  8 eggs separated, 3/4 pound butter with a dash of salt, 3/4 pound sugar, 3/4 teaspoon lemon flavoring, and 3/4 pound flour with 3/4 teaspoon baking powder.

The most essential ingredient is the cook!

To get started, preheat your oven to 300 degrees and have your pan greased with Crisco and set aside.  You then need to separate you eggs.  Just crack the egg open over a bowl and use the shell to separate the whites from the yolk.  As soon as the whites are in your bowl, empty the yolk into another bowl. After each egg is separated dump the whites into your mixing bowl.  Remember to do this over a different bowl than your mixing bowl just in case the egg yolk breaks.  You do NOT want the yolk mixed with the whites.


Blend your egg whites until stiff.  Set the whites aside.

Next, mix your butter, sugar, egg yolks, and lemon flavoring.  Then, add your flour.  Blend well.



Now you are ready to blend in your egg whites from before.  After that is well blended you can put the batter in the pan and cook from an hour and 20 minutes.







2 comments:

  1. I thought the point of a pound cake is that you need a pound of all your ingredients, not "3/4 pound"! haha... oh well... I'm really glad you posted this recipe. I've still not made a pound cake, but I know from experience that this recipe makes a fantastic cake. So, can I officially present you to friends on my own blog & facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm, let me get back to you on that one. I don't know how long it will take me to get another post up. I need to get in the flow of it.

    ReplyDelete